Monday, November 28, 2005

Nasty Rotten Food

So I was at work today. I found myself far away from the office, and in a part of town that, at night anyway, serves as the red light district. I've seen men muttering as they walk along that street, yelling at someone in their minds. It was about lunch time, and there didn't even seem to be any crappy restaurants nearby. This street is reputed to have good Mexican food, but I guess that was not in this area. Fortunately, the library we were testing the fire alarms at had an attached eatery. Unfortunately it was a coffee shop. Fortunately they served sandwiches. Unfortunately they were all the pre-made variety made famous by gas stations. Fortunately these sandwiches were made by Udi's, a brand I had heard of and liked. Unfortunately the sandwich I bought expired just before the Thanksgiving weekend. Fortunately the expiration date was clearly marked on the label. Unfortunately the clearly marked expiration date had been covered with white out by un unsavory counter clerk. Fortunately I noticed the date anyway. Unfortunately I had already eaten half of the sandwich.

You would think the flavor would have been a tip off, or the bit of a smell that isn't normally present in a sandwich. I guess I was pretty hungry, or stupidly trusting. After some spitting I walked back over to the coffee shop, and got my money back. After some slight vomiting I returned to work, and after returning home I reported them to the department of health. Bastards.

On a more appetizing note, Thanksgiving was great. I saw some people, family and friends, played some football, ate great food, and the next day I hunted down other people and shot them. I got shot too a bit. Paintball is a pretty cool game. I'd try it again. Really it was great to see my brother my sister and her husband in Utah. It was great to see some old friends up there too. I've been thinking again about moving out there. This time I've been thinking more of SLC than Provo/Orem. It really depends on where I can find work. Also in consideration are Reno, Las Vegas, and Denver. I do know a few people in Salt Lake though. And I would like to see them on a more regular basis. Also, I kind of dig the culture there. Utah isn't really a bad place, despite it's reputation. I wouldn't mind seeing if I can get used to it again.

No comments: