Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Tying the Knot

Yes, the title says it. I'm getting married. While this may not be the biggest news for those who know me personally, it's high time I boast about it a bit here. And as for Wudan watching Oprah, I owe you a bit of an apology for giving you a hard time about it. I haven't sunk that low, but I have watched Dr. Phil already, and I've only been engaged for a short while. I'll hold out as long as I can, but when I inevitably start quoting the show, at least I'll have an old friend to talk to about it.

So, bad television programming aside, here's the bragging. She's MJ, from my previous posts. I've known her for a few years, but we've only been dating since mid-November. She says I crock potted her. I didn't know what it meant, but apparently it means that for a long time I've been a friend, hung around her a bit when she was around, dated some of her friends, and then when she least expects it, I move in. I guess so, but that was never really the plan. In real life I was just a bit scared of her. I liked her, but didn't make any really good moves until recently.

So, about her, she's a lot nicer than some of the girls I've dated lately, she's cute, and she makes me rather happy. Her whole family loves me too, which makes things a bit easier around them. My family seems to like her quite a bit too. Especially my mother.

So, that's the big update my mother has been bothering me to put up.

No comments: