Sunday, September 12, 2004

MRE

I don't say this often enough, but I love MREs. Considering the Western Beans, and the Mexican Style Rice have been sitting in a box on my floor for quite some time, been put in storage for a while longer, left in a backpack for a while, and not even warmed up, they taste pretty good. It's not like I'm even starving or anything. Just hungry, and my MREs are in high need of rotation.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm kind of big on emergency prep. I suggest you get some yourself. You can get them at the Saratoga Trading Company. Looks like they have some nice packages set up. You can get a box of 12 complete meals with entrees, sides, beverages, and crap for $64.99. That should last a wee bit.

I'm not saying they're any better than a fine dining experience at your favorite restaurant, but they pretty much beat the holy ever-loving crap out of, say, Lunchables. Especially after a few years. I'm not even sure I'd eat the Lunchables. Might harvest me some mold off of them though. That's good eatin'.

No comments: