Monday, May 8, 2006

One Week

So, my girlfriend is out of town for the next week. It's not like she's too far away or anything, just up north where she goes to school, but she's staying up there at nights. There's an all day for a week summer class she's taking. By wednesday she will be taking her midterm, and her final is on saturday. Good fun. I'm not sure what the class is exactly, some forensic science thing. I wouldn't mind taking something like that, but it would be a bit outside of my current professional goals.

Speaking of which, my class is over and I am awaiting the first of two tests I need to take in order to get certified to work. I guess this is a pretty good week for her to be out of town. It gives me more opportunity to focus on my studying for the test. To be honest, I rarely study much for anything. It's not just laziness, it just seems irrelevant most of the time. I didn't study for my final, and got a 92.5. I could have put a lot of effort into it and gotten maybe a 97, but other things came up and I didn't really make it a priority. This test is a bit different though. It's all hands on, rotating through six stations. If you miss a key step on any station you fail the station. Also, if you miss too many normal steps at a station you fail the station. You can retake up to three stations one time, but if you miss any of those, or miss more than three stations the first time around, you have to retake the whole test at a different test location. Also, it costs about a hundred bucks each time you take it.

So, while I'm not usually too worried about tests, I think I should study up for this one. maybe just a bit.

That's about all I've got going on for now. That and a pain stabbing through the left side of my head from the temple back. I think I need to take some pills and get some sleep or something.

No comments: