Thursday, March 1, 2007

FUBAR

Okay, I have seen the most amazing tool in the world. It is called a Fubar. I'm sure most of you are familiar with F.U.B.A.R. the acronym, now for the tool. It's something like a crowbar, except on one end it has this spike/jaw/gripping/hammer bit. I'm seeing where they came up with the name. I don't know what exactly one is used for, but I want one. If only I was one of those people with too much money, or if I could only think of a reasonable excuse.

In other news, I got caught behind a train. Not a big train. There were seven cars. Including the engine. I was at the far north end of a small city about an hour north of here. This was the middle of nowhere. I could see the tracks running off into the distance in both directions, and not a crossroad either way. This seven car barricade couldn't seem to find one of those bits to park on, just the few yards of track that I was planning on using. Eventually, the train moved, as they tend to, the gates went up, and traffic moved. It was my turn next, and the gates came down for no reason. I sat there for a bit longer, and the gates went up again.

I thought the whole thing was funny. I'm just glad I wasn't in a hurry, or a bad mood. I don't think I would have caught the humor in it. Really, it's almost too bad that the gates went back up. I almost had my excuse to buy a fubar.

No comments: