Tuesday, March 11, 2008

NREMT

My certification with the National Registry of EMTs is almost to its expiration date. I'm sure there are good reasons to take care of this earlier. It would be easier, and I'd have other options if I don't pass, but I'm scheduled to take a test this Thursday to see if they still want me. I've been studying up for it for a couple weeks now, but wish me luck anyway, I don't imagine it's an easy one.

This option to test to renew is a new thing they're trying out. Were it not for this, I would have needed to have a fair amount of continuing education on things slightly more EMT related than I've studied lately, as well as some more experience than what I've managed to get working as an EMT. Of course, if I don't pass the test with a high enough score I have the option of doing all of that to stay in, it's just going to be hard to fit that all in before the thirty first.

Aside from that, there hasn't been too much blogworthyness going on. I've been keeping more than busy with trying to finish up moving the last of our stuff, keeping grades up in school (especially in chem and physics), and just helping my wife take care of the baby. Those guys can be a bit of work. I've also been working on a couple of home improvement projects. We have a cat who is rather inclined to climb in the ceiling, and only slightly less likely it seems to fall out through the ceiling. I've been patching up the holes she's been using to get up there, including the one Berserk patched up with a couple of box lids when he was living here. Seems those were no match for a persistent cat, much more athletic than his.

No comments: