Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Psych Circus

In intro-psych today the teacher was talking about sociocultural psychology, and how some things are perfectly normal in some setting (i.e. dancing on the table with a lampshade at one's head at a party) yet absurd in others (doing the same in class). It brought to mind the escaped circus freak with the shiny shiny pants. I saw him again yesterday, walking around campus this time, not downtown. I suppose the direction he was going downtown was towards campus so he is possibly a student here.

No gold stretch pants yesterday though. He was silver from neck to wrist to ankle, head still white, with black around his eyes and trailing back towards his ears with wavy lines. I saw him walking around campus, and then while sitting through physics lecture he walks up to the door and looks in through the window, and it seemed, in my direction. Then, he paced past the two doors for a while. Just as I'm starting to think that I'm halucinating or that the matrix rejects are coming for me, the guys to my right commented on the oddity walking around. During break between the two hours of lecture he came into the room for a minute. I didn't see what business he had, as I just noticed him leaving again.

Anyway, back to psych. I was thinking how this man wouldn't turn any more heads than anyone else as a part of some circus, but wow, what an oddity in real life.

No comments: