Saturday, July 21, 2007

Scout Camp

I went to scout camp this weekend. I only got Friday off of work, so I wasn't down the whole week. It was interesting. There are two camps we used to go to, this was the one where they do all the work (cooking and the like) for you. It seems that not much has changed. It was weird, but pretty cool seeing the place again. I don't have the patience for the staph's strangeness than I used to. They seemed more annoying, less funny, but I bet that was more due to me changing then them. The boys seemed to get a kick out of them just like I remember.

Oh, in case I didn't tell anyone, they made me Scoutmaster in the ward I'm in now. I don't just hang out with the scouts for the heck of it.

One of the other adult leaders has a pretty cool job, I found out. I had heard others say that he could hack into stuff, and I figured his job involved something nerdy, and he was better with computers than most, but it turns out his job is to hack into places, and then let them know how he got in. I've seen that job in a movie, but I never thought anyone really had it. If only they could incorporate ninjas into it, I'd have the perfect job for my little brother.

He also brought up some potassium. Seems that stuff blows up in water, as long as it's not in it's acid form. Pity I missed it. I don't suppose I could have brought up thermite, and not gotten in trouble for it. I'll have to let most of you know if I get that put together. Mom, I'll let you know after I'm done with it.

Anyway, good to be back home. Next year I might be going up for the whole week. Assuming I'm still in the same ward, and I can get the time off from wherever I'm working by then.

No comments: