Saturday, December 4, 2004

True Dreams

There's an old saying I've heard. I think it's Greek. It's something about how the truest dreams are dreamt in the morning. I don't know where they get that, maybe because those are the only ones you can remember well. I don't know.

I had a strange one this morning. I dreamt that I died.

It was brief. I was working on someone's electrical outlet. A friend's, trying to make it work again. I'm not sure what was wrong with it, I think it was one of those ones that only works with a light switch, and she wanted a normal one. This part probably comes from a discussion I was having with the friend I recently went climbing with. Anyway, I was using a multimeter to test the current in the outlet, and I couldn't remember how to use it correctly. As soon as I touched one of the leads to the outlet, I felt the electricity flowing through my arms, and I felt my heart stop. It doesn't seem like something you would normally feel, it wasn't like a painful heart attack or anything, I just felt a brief pulse, and then the silence when it stops beating. It was a strange sensation. The last thing I saw was a bright flash of light, a little greenish around the edges. In the light was a woman, I could only see part of her, from just below the breasts to about the middle of the hips. Bare skin glowing, and surrounded with the green light. It was so bright it hurt my eyes.

Then I woke up. It was 8:30 and I couldn't go back to sleep. I wasn't tired. My eyes were dry, and didn't want to open, but I wasn't tired. And I only went to sleep five or six hours before this. Normally I go to bed late, wake up at 11:00, and could usually go back to sleep for a little while longer, to catch a total of about eight hours. And, I haven't felt tired from this today.

I'm not saying this is a prophecy or anything, with that whole Greek true dream crap, unless I like, die tomorrow or something. Seems unlikely. It was just a very real feeling dream, kind of unnerving.

No comments: